Friday, December 30, 2011
Website Spotlight: Crash of 1929
Website URL: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/films/crash/
Welcome to one in a series of posts which spotlight quality websites that I use with my U.S. History survey course students at Azusa Pacific University to enrich the regular material in our learning modules.
In this post, I limit myself to those specific aspects of the website which I find fit particularly well within our face-to-face class sessions (each student is required to bring a laptop to class) or as the basis for the students' regularly-assigned written reactions.
I ask the students to work through the following links:
1. Primary Resources: Newspaper Headlines
2. Photo Gallery: The Roaring 20s
3. Further Reading: Good suggested economics-related web links
I hope you will use this blog post in conjunction with both the modules on my Learning Professor wiki and the numerous other posts in my Website Spotlight series.
1. The website spotlighted in this post fits within the following U.S. History survey course module on the wiki:
2. The other blog posts in my Website Spotlight series--chronologically displayed by U.S. History survey course module-- can be found on this wiki page: